Vision:A society where women and men, girls and boys realize their full potential and participate in every sphere on equal basis and where the rights of everyone irrespective of sex are recognized and respected
Mission: Our mission is to work for gender equality, empowerment and advancement of women and girls, peace and sustainable development. To this end, we focus our efforts on promoting the social, educational, economical, and political development of women and girl’s including advocating for women’s rights, eliminating discrimination against women including gender based violence (GBV), advancing women’s capacities and leadership skills, promoting their participation in the decisions that affect their lives, and amplifying their voices for peace and security at all levels.
Core Values:We are committed to the following values which guide our work and relationship with the communities in which we work, our partners and other stakeholders:
- Gender equality, equity and social justice
- Participation and Inclusiveness
- Mutual respect
- Transparency and accountability
- Learning and leadership
- Team work
- Passion for excellence
- Courage of conviction
- We are committed to promote gender equality and empowerment of women and girls and to removing any barriers that prevent full participation of women and girls in the public and political life.
- We believe in full and inclusive participation by all and that every person, man, woman, boy, girl or community has the right and responsibility to contribute their talents, skills and resources to the work we do, for and with them.
- We believe that community participation is an essential part of the process of good local governance, and community development. Therefore we consider participatory approaches as a critical instrument in our work.
- We are committed to Promote and uphold the values of transparency and accountability.
- We consider partnership as one of our key organizing principles hence we are committed to developing, maintaining and nurturing partnerships, building alliance and linkages with institutions and individuals who identify our vision and mission.
- Promoting gender equality, women’s rights, peace and sustainable development
- Challenging prevailing beliefs, stereotypes, policies, laws, prejudices and practices which disadvantage women
- Enhancing knowledge and skills for women, youth and communities to achieve their full potential
- Increasing the capacity of women in decision making, communities to engage and demand their rights as well as build the capacity of the duty bearers to respect, protect, promote and fulfill these rights
- Advocating for the passage of Child Protection Laws in Northern Nigeria
- Building capacity of women & youth for effective participation and leadership development
- Campaigning on issues that have impeded the advancement of women (sexual & gender based violence, girl child education, etc)
- Promoting peace education & non violence peace `initiatives
- Provision of Education to Conflict Affected Children
- Increasing access to and utilization of quality healthcare services by vulnerable women, their families & communities
- Research, publication and dissemination of findings on issues concerning women
- Networking with other organizations with similar goals of gender equality promotion and women empowerment
- Enhancing organizational capacity to deliver its objectives and strengthen its relationship with partners
GEPaDC Thematic Areas:
- Gender Equality, Human/Women’s Rights and Leadership Development
- Peace Building, Conflict Resolution/Management, Human Security & Women, Peace & Security Agenda
- Violence against Women & Girls
- Health and Reproductive Health Rights
- Democracy & Good Governance
- Children’s Rights, Youth Development/Mentoring
- Hope for the vulnerable children Fund
- Gender, Environment and Agriculture
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Education in Emergency, Child Protection and Recovery/Livelihoods development
- Capacity building/Training
- Gender and Peace Academy
- Sensitization, awareness creation, community mobilization & campaigns
- Advocacy, lobbying and policy engagement
- Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA)
- Research and Documentation
- Networking and Collaboration
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Engaging men as allies, partners, and champions for gender equity